Sunday, March 20, 2005

Toi Aussi???

So, Frenchie sent me an email that read pretty much:
"Good god. Et tu?? ;) Another one thinking that they need to tell the world what they think. J".
The topic was quite obviously my Blog. With a capitol B.

I had not looked at the topic in these terms. So, why do I blog? because I want everyone to know what I think? Not really. It's more like, my daily writing exercise, my way to keep my thoughts organized, and to practice writing. Writing, you know, one of those things I have always wished I were able to do. I kinda feel like I could be writing with this blog!, although I should probably stick to Italian for better form... In any case, I'm enjoying myself. I like to keep in touch with my friends. I like the fact they are checking out how I'm doing by coming to this page almost everyday, and leaving a scribble here and there. And the fact that, through this, I'm actually getting to know new people, like St., which I should know but for a series of unfortunate circumstances I've never met, and it was just about time I did... So, I'm glad I have a space I can play with. I'm learning the basics of HTML by messing with my template everyday (I know, right now it looks like it's been put together by someone severely color-blind and with proportion sickness!), but nevertheless, I'm learning something new. And that's always a good thing. I'm also learning that creative writing is not something I'll ever do in English, and that it shows through and through that English is not my first language. Doesn't prevent me from trying, but I know I'll revert to Italian eventually. And I'm learning there's a ton of people who write much, much better than some of the writers I PAID to read (like, uhm Dean Koontz, Paolo Maurensig in everyhting but "La Variante di Lunenburg" (there's been a lot of raving on my part with Rowena regarding "Venere Lesa"... *bleah*!!) Alice Sebold, and many more!)... so, it's enjoyable to be part of a community of people who are actually good at what they do.

So, Frenchie, no, I don't write beacuse I feel the need to Let the World Know What I Think. And for someone whose second language is French, I expected better form!!! (cheap shot, I couldn't resist!!- you know I love you!!)

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering the comment was supposed to be a riff on "Et tu, Brutus?", I thought my form was pretty good. :p
Frenchie

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Bridging Jones said...

You mean, "Tu quoque, Brute, filii mii"

So, "Et tu" was what language again???
loveya! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home