Thursday, January 20, 2005

Bridging

Bridges seems to keep on being a constant. I'm not even sure I've chosen them, more about them choosing me. So, I guess I should stop fighting them and just incorporate them a little more in what I do. Right, what do I do?

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what I wanna do when (if?) I grow up. Maybe it's about bridges again, I guess bridging the gap between where I am now and where I wanna be. Or just filling in the void left between when I really could think about growing up and actually growing up without making up your mind. I'm not sure. I wanna be an executive? Do I wanna go out and get that MBA? Or do I just want to have my own business and create my success based on non-standard parameters, like friends, social life, partnership, family? (Oh, please, no crap about how everybody's success is based on their family: saying it is not the same as actually acting on it. My boss sees his daughters about 3 hours evey week, but then goes and spend 8 weekes a year on vacation with them. Can someone explain how the lack of fatherhood is filled in while they're not on vacation???) I honestly don't know how I will be able to measure my success 5 years from now.

Me in few: 32, been married less than two months, don't know what I wanna do next, don't know which continent I wanna live on, and I quite hate my job. And this is my second- actually, third- project online I embark on, . I have written one solitary review for
World66.com (here's my visited country map- You gotta love this site!!

create your own visited country map) and I have started a webpage on freeweb that I'm not touching again. I guess I'm a tad embarassed. Keeping a schedule, a "regular" schedule of anything doesn't seem to have been a good thing for me in the past... what, 30 years?? I've had one year, actually 9 months of incredible clarity in 2002, when I kept a diet and a triathlon training schedule and a live-in boyfriend for all that time. My last attempt to some regularity. What happened since? well, the bf got dumped in favor of the now-husband, triathlon training died, and I gained back some 30 pounds. Not bad! :D

The only thing I've always been regular on has been cooking. And eating. And I'm not even kidding!! So, Are yo sure you wanna read on? I'm not even sure I will have enough interesting things to write about, keeping a journal, an interesting concept once you're ot of your teenage years. Even then, I thought it was a pretty stupid thing! ahaha!! Anyway. This solves the long introduction to this blog. Dunno if it's surviving its first posting, but let's see where that goes.

Ciao






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home